Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Brothers Size


EDITED POST

On November 28th and 30th, we will see Tarell Alvin McCraney's The Brothers Size. It's in the Shiva Theatre at the Public, where we meet for classes, so I guess you all know by now how to get there.

McCraney is a young writer who has meteorically shot out of Yale and into some very high profile workshops and productions. The Brothers Size is a part of a cycle of plays he's working on, and as you may notice from his character names, derives inspiration from the Yoruba tradition. Yoruba is a West African spiritual practice (and people) which, thanks to its enslaved practitioners, has traveled in various forms with its gods and goddesses all over the Americas. The play also has a live, percussive musical score.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I'm sorry Eisa, but I can't seem to find you're email address anywhere to send you my reviews/short diaologue. I know your email is probably posted in some really obvious place, but I just can't find it. Is there any way you could send me an email to let me know what it is? My email is hannahgold521@aol.com. Sorry again that I'm so incredibly unorganized!